First Responders Foundation Lincoln, NE Chapter
The mission of the First Responders Foundation Lincoln Chapter is to serve and honor all our First Responders, Veterans, and their families, build appreciation and respect for their work, and enhance public safety.
The Lincoln Chapter is an extension of the First Responders Foundation. The Chapter is led by local community members who are best equipped to address the needs of first responders in the Lincoln area. Funds raised here stay in Lincoln and Lancaster County and are used to further our mission. The Chapter partners directly with Lincoln first responders and citizens to provide what is needed for local first responders and our community.
News & Events
The Lincoln, NE Chapter Supports
Lincoln, NE has a population of over 290,000 and is in Lancaster County. It is the second-largest city in the state, and located in southeast Nebraska.
“We, the members of the Lincoln Police Department, working with all people, are committed to providing quality services that promote a safe and secure community.”
The Lincoln Police Department employs 500 people with an authorized strength of 366 officers.
We are committed to…
- Preserving life, and enhancing the quality of life.
- An environment that encourages problem solving, by both ourselves and the community.
- Being responsible for our actions and taking ownership of our work.
- Our community, our profession, and to each other.
- Educating ourselves and our community about the causes, resolution and prevention of crime and disorder.
- Human dignity and the worth of all individuals.
- Ensure that all persons may pursue their lawful activities without fear or impediment by maintaining public order.
- Reduce the impact of crime, fear of crime, and public disorder on the daily lives of Lincoln residents through patrol, crime prevention, criminal investigation, and law enforcement.
- Respond to calls for service and other public needs promptly in order to provide services which resolve problems and protect persons and property
- Manage the fiscal, capital, information, and personnel resources of the department with efficiency and care.
- Develop and maintain open relationships and communications with other agencies, organizations, and the public at large.
- Protect safe and orderly transportation through traffic direction, law enforcement, and accident investigation.
- Recruit and retain the best possible employees, reflecting the diversity of our population.
- Provide employees with opportunities for meaningful work, challenging goals, and growth throughout their career.
We Accomplish Our Mission By:
- Recognizing and showing support for first responders, and encouraging respect and appreciation from the public.
- Supporting first responders, veterans, and their families in handling job-related stress, trauma, and unique health challenges through programs, classes, events, and activities.
- Recognizing and acknowledging high school seniors of first responders with Awards Of Excellence.
- Creating and supporting unique programs and events designed to educate, inform and inspire the community and enhance public safety.
Make a Difference
Help us support the people we turn to in our greatest times of need. Your gift to the First Responders Foundation – Lincoln, NE will help us fulfill our mission. Thank you for your support.